Monday, January 31, 2011

Homework assignment: (by Jonathan Carroll)



"Try to recall the day last year when you were happiest. Why then? What were the circumstances? Did it happen because of something you did, or did it just happen? When I asked someone this question the other day they said, "I can't remember the day but I can remember the hour very well. Is that good or pathetic?"

Well, I also don't remember exactly the day, it was for sure end of July. The hour, it was around midnight, for sure up to 1 o'clock because the metro was closed how it was revealed later on... I sat on the Danube bank with my very new friends, in front of Hungarian parliament which was beathed in lights.It was warm night with beautiful moon shining. It was so peacefull moment... Especially after the day of adventures which I had from the very beggining of my departure from Sarajevo. I know it is a cliche but I wanted this moment to never end.

On the one hand I may said it just happen but on the other hand it would probably not happen if wouldn't "loose" my backpack in a train Sarajevo-Budapest which as I was conviced, already left when I was trying to buy a ticket in Pecs. And if wouldn't decided to leave this backpack under the guard of my very new friends(from some station in Croatia when they entered "my" compartment).

All these memories in this cold blurry morning are making me wanting to leave everything and go somewhere with my backpack...

No comments: